View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 05:47 AM   #31
Sassapphras
A Jane of All Trades
Sassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipseSassapphras can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Touch
This is what Amazon CS sent me:

Quote:
1. Download the following update file and save it to your computer:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmware...ndle_5.0.0_dat...

2. Connect your Kindle Touch to your computer with the USB cable, and then click and drag the file from your computer to the Kindle Touch drive.

3. On your Kindle Touch, tap "Menu" on the Home screen and then tap "Settings." Tap "Menu" again and then tap "Update Your Kindle." If you can't choose this option, try to move the file to your Kindle Touch again.

4. Tap "OK." Your Kindle will restart twice during the update. Following the second restart, your software version will not change, but the update should resolve issues with Text to Speech.
I don't know exactly what this patch does. CS never specified and I am unable to download it. Hopefully this will help those in the US, though.

If anyone uses this (for Text-to-Speech or otherwise) please post your results for others to see.

Last edited by Sassapphras; 12-21-2011 at 05:50 AM.