View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 06:38 AM   #19
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookchin View Post
I would hold it as I would a book. I am interested in an e-reader or tablet that I could read PDFs on that I've scanned. e.g. an 8.5" x 11" academic paper I've scanned in a document scanner.

Just wondering if a 10.3" would display and render just as well as a 13.3". Or if a 10.3" still has any size-related problems for which you have to do something, like pinch, zoom, or crop margins, etc.. The difference in price between the two sizes is enormous.
There is no single answer to this. It depends on your vision and the density (resolution and font sizes) of the scanned page.

A little test. The following page would likely be doable even on a 6" eink screen

The following would likely require at least 13.3" screen, if you want to see it in entirety at once

Decide based on what kind of pages you are mostly dealing with. I personally am used to cropping and zooming, because my max screen is 8". There are a bunch of books though with pages that can be read comfortably whole-page flipping even there.

In general, the bigger screen the better, but the software/hardware experience is also a factor. For example, I prefer to have frontlight on the device, and this rules out eink screens above 8". And I most definitely need colour inversion (night mode).

Last edited by mobama; 12-14-2018 at 06:46 AM.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote