View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #23
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The Kindle is not revolutionary as the blurb makes it seem. It's just another eink based reading device. Why is it just because it's from Amazon, it gets touted as something new and revolutionary? It's not. If it wasn't for other companies doing it first, the Kindle would never exist.
You pay the marketing people and you make whatever claims you want. The ipod wasn't the first MP3 player either but you sure would have thought it was from all the hype. I think the publicity is good for the industry. Even after the marketing campaign that Amazon has done the general public hasn't heard about the Kindle and those that have probably don't know about e-ink.

When I have travelled and people have asked me about the screen on the Cybook I've sometimes told them that it has the same display as the Kindle. I normally hear crickets chirping before they tell me they haven't heard of that either.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote