View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 05:03 PM   #233
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
I realize you've declared it final, but . . .-)

Spoiler:
Now there is no indication that ". . . don't hit too hard" is a joke.

Following ". . . always some bad things happening." with "Let's hope so." sounds odd. I know you mean "Let's hope that's all it is." but it doesn't come out that way.

It makes a good story, Graham.

Jim
Thanks, Jim.

Spoiler:
Just goes to show... I went with Geoff's suggestion that it didn't need the exclamation mark to feel like a joke. Now I'll have to think it over again!

Regarding "Let's hope so": yes, I think you're right. It doesn't read easily. I'll tweak that.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote