View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I think Eoin Colfer did a good job. I thought he was faithful to the style, and wrapped up some story elements in a satisfying way.
I didn't get very far into Colfer's book before putting it down. It was like the uncanny valley applied to literature: close enough to Adam's style to be weird and creepy, but not so close as to be actually funny. I don't know about satisfying, but the last Hitchiker's book definately wrapped things up in a decisive way.

But this thread gives me all the excuse I need to crack out my dog eared copies of the Dirk Gently books.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote