View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #291
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameer View Post
I have kobo touch which I'm struggling to add arabic support (the only fix is changing the extension from .epub to .kepub.epub
Did you try it yourself? And did it really work? If yes and you do not like this solution because of the missing annotation and highlight support you can try something. Change the language in the opf file of the epub to Japanese. Since the KT has no Arabic dictionary this change should not bother you.

Change
Code:
<dc:language>ar</dc:language>
to
Code:
<dc:language>ja</dc:language>
The device seems then to use for epubs the same reading engine as for kepubs but on the other hand it behaves somehow like the epub reading engine. I am not sure whether it works for displaying Arabic texts.

You can also search this forum for a calibre plugin for converting epub to kepub in order to have annotation support and so on in kepub.epub.

Edit: Maybe there is another solution. Are your books already epub 3.0? I downloaded the sample Arabic epub form this threat and I think it is working fine on my KT. Unfortunately, it is a huge book and opening and changing font settings and so on is time consuming.

Last edited by tshering; 01-18-2013 at 05:24 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote