View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #86
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
Does the latter part about cookies and APIs apply to dropbox and skydrive support? I'd think anything that works through a standard (or de facto standard) like oauth or passport would be stable enough to keep in. On the other hand, I'm 100% OPDS, so I'd be okay with dropbox and skydrive support going away.
Interestingly enough, SkyDrive authentication doesn't work if you try to do it using the regular web APIs (there is an issue with the format of cookies that it uses) - but Microsoft provides special-purpose APIs for SkyDrive that do get the job done and only crash occasionally. DropBox oAuth works fine because its keys, nonces, etc. are limited to a restricted character set; other oAuth implementations might not be so fortunate. I will certainly keep DropBox support; SkyDrive might be dropped, if its stability doesn't improve in Windows Phone 8.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote