View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #195
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
So you are saying that the charge isn't new but only the cable and plug?

What did I say? Don't be the first in line.

Of course for people buying the latest iPhone or special Nike shoes that is probably going to be hard to resist.

Wait 4 months is what I am saying to have better odds against problems.
In 4 months that kid could have easily replaced his charger, could have easily gotten the right dongle.
Only the cable and the plug that goes into the phone are different. The charger is the very same one I got with my iPhone 3G. So he could have just used a USB wall wart with his iPhone 5 just fine. I've used a Sony USB charger and it was just fine. I've even charged an iPhone 3G via the computer's USB.

I think that kid just had no clue what it was he needed. He probably tried to buy a USB wall wart that comes with an iPhone 5 cable when all he needed was the wall wart even if it came with the previous cable. So he's telling Apple what he needs and they are telling him they don't have it when he could have gone to an Apple store and gotten the wall wart replaced no bother.

Last edited by JSWolf; 10-13-2012 at 05:55 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote