View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #157
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The first /bin/sh and/or /bin/bash is the result of /bin/dash -
Say: "Thank You, Canonical"

Under 10.4 you may have to explicitly install bash (apt-get install bash).

It is certainly the /bin/sh problem (linked to /bin/dash) and from your report, I would say that your 10.4 also has /bin/bash linked to /bin/dash.
Nope.
I'm aware of Ubuntu's "dash initiative", or whatever you want to call it, and I don't fully understand it either. But in any case, if at all, it was only ever advocated as a replacement for sh, not for bash.

Code:
~$ ls -la `which sh`
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 2010-11-17 21:41 /bin/sh -> dash
~$ ls -la `which bash`
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 934336 2010-04-19 04:16 /bin/bash
... and about the header files: technically, I know why gcc is complaining. But I'm trying to figure out how to make NiLuJe's version work on an Ubuntu LTS release.

PS: I keep misspelling NiLuJe's username. Everytime. Sorry...

Last edited by ixtab; 05-05-2012 at 05:07 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote