View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 PM   #14
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I've been wanting to gift a kindle to my mom for some time now, but i always balked because i did not know how she would like it.

Anyhow for her birthday i decided i was going to give her the kindle 3 wifi..... She absolutly loved it, i could mot believe how much. she never gets so excited about electronics.

She told me she had wanted one for some time now but always held off becaue of some cost or other.

My quick observations while I configured her device.

The k3 is a very nice device there is no slugguishness in the eink device , I was quite amazed. Even though i did not have my k2 next to it the size was noticably smaller and the screen was much whiter. The browser is very fast, i think the 3G model on the k3 has much more appeal since the device is much faster and the browser is more capable.

Wish I can do the same.

My mom is 83 I think (she always lied about her age, lol) so I'm afraid that a Kindle 3 could be a "technology tsunami" for her ... . Also, she reads a lot but mostly newspaper and does not speak English at all (although she can establish a conversation with my wife, don't ask me how, hahaha)
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote