View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
How much control do they have over it though. Aren't they limited quite a bit by the location of the strike? Or are they large enough usually that they cold have moved this to a more suitable location?
From what I've always understood, the oil field is almost as big as the Arabian field. Sink a well anywhere and start pumping. The trouble is that it is deep water and in close proximity to fishing and shipping lanes. And capping a burning well in the desert is easy, while they had NO PLAN for what to do when a deep underwater well exploded.

This could go on for a long time if the oil gets into the food chain for crustaceans then fish then seabirds and humans. The price of fresh shrimp skyrocketed over the first weekend, but I haven't kept an eye on it. Tim and I are eating more shrimp these days, trying to get as much as we can before it is all gone.

And the cost of gasoline went up a dime, but seems to be holding steady for now. Down here, we get smacked every time something happens in the Gulf, such as Katrina. My nieces from Chicago area always talk about the cheap gas down here, as opposed to what gets shipped in via the Great Lakes. EXCEPT for after hurricanes, and now the oil.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote