Thread: Ideas?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Ideas?

I don't have an ereader but already seem to have lot's of pdf's waiting to be read on my computer. At the moment I'm reading them on my Nokia N800 but I'm slowly getting the urge to buy an ereader.

Criteria in order of importance:
  • I mostly just want to read free pfd's, epubs, technical books etc
  • I'd like the ability to use landscape mode
  • must be portable (I assume most are)
  • I like the idea of a dictionary and search
  • RSS feeds would be interesting
  • I have a small version of wikipedia on my N800 (lots of html files) but it would be nice to transfer this to an ereader
  • also nice but not essential would be wifi, text to speach, chm format

I'm currently considering the ASUS DR900 (I'd heard it might be around £250 and released soon), also liked the look of the Sony DR600 (especially the leather case).

I haven't actually used a real ereader - does anyone know if I can try them out in London, UK (SW16)?

Mike
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote