View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 04:32 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Embedding fonts in an LRF book really, really drastically slows down the page rendering - at least if you use the font for the "body" text of the book. It's fine if you only use it for titles, etc, but I'd forget about it for the body text. Page rendering goes from the usual half second to perhaps 3 or 4 seconds, which personally I find unacceptable.

If you want to see an example, here is an LRF book I created a couple of years ago with an embedded Greek font. I find the speed way too slow, personally.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote