View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
tillsbury
tillsbury began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Good point. I downloaded them to Marvin via OPDS. I also (by way of a test) downloaded them through the same method to a new copy of MegaReader, and they are all fine.

I could try to push them directly to Marvin, to see whether it's Marvin's OPDS system that's broken, but it doesn't seem that likely that it would corrupt the epub in a way that it would still recognise.

No, you can't re-upload an app (even though I still have Stanza on my other ipads and iphone). When you transfer the app from itunes it doesn't actually transfer it, it reloads it from itunes and since it's been withdrawn it comes up with an error trying to install it. This is a complete pain in the proverbial as it's one of ipad's best features. The ipad air is a few hours old and already the least popular ipad in the house. I should really return it but I suppose for the future this is something that needs dealing with. At the very least it will give a further impetus to the authors of things like Marvin and Megareader to try to get them up to scratch. Sadly, if those authors haven't even seen Stanza it becomes a more and more difficult thing to shown them what needs doing!
tillsbury is offline   Reply With Quote