View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #346
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by flips01 View Post
Yes, but I found the navigate/mini page box to steal valuable space. (Maybe I can hide it? Just did a quick test.)

+ Reading large documents where you have to zoom and scroll a lot for each page, don't seem like a good option to me. (Unless there's some smart "tap to skip to next column/page" function like GoodReader on iOS has.)
you definitely can get rid of the box, just tap.

i see...if you have lots of columns, i could see that might be annoying. the pdfs i want to read look good zoomed in to fit width...then i just have to scroll once to read the bottom half of the page. then when i flip the page, it goes to the start of the next page without me doing anything and stays zoomed in. so all i have to do is read top half, scroll, read bottom half (well more like bottom 1/3 or 1/4), flip page, read top 1/2 etc. One scroll per page. So in my case, it's not that far from reading an epub.

The pdfs i want to read had a huge margin, so i had to use a programme on my computer to crop off the crazy-sized margins, but after that, i found scrolling to be very easy.

But I see why it might not work so simply if you have many columns.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote