View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
Elisabethe
Elisabethe began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Thumbs down kobo touch - white writing on white screen

Hello, my daughter has one " kobo touch ", for approximately two months, she was very satisfied with it.

She used *.epub, *.pdf, *.txt, *html, and *rtf with no problem.

Until the last week, everything was right, she read those five formats without any difficulty, and abruptly, her kobo refused to show *.txt, *html, and *rtf !

The kobo seems to recognize them : it shows for example at the bottom of the screen "page 1/19", but the screen remains white.

Having made all the recommended manipulations, we brought back the kobo touch to the store. The seller noticed the concern and changed the object without any trouble.

The new kobo touch presents EXACTLY the same problem !

We phoned the help services of Kobo Fnac, which are not able to help us : we did exactly what they said at phone (erasing all text from kobo touch and putting different texts one by one from PC to kobo, reset, etc...)

The only solution proposed is to convert to format pdf. This solution does not satisfy us because the kobo touch is supposed to read different formats (*.epub, *.pdf, *.txt, *html, and *rtf ), and it would oblige my daughter to convert one by one more than 400 texts.

Somebody would know how to explain us what takes place and how to solve the problem please ? because to read white writing on white screen is really very... difficult.

With my thanks,

Elisabethe
Elisabethe is offline   Reply With Quote