View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #32
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
I guess that depends on how you define it.

A million years ago in digital time (about 2000), I got a Sony Clie (a Palm OS PDA). I tried to use it for a bit of reading, but without much success. Shortly after that, I got an HP iPaq. A wonderful PDA. Read a few books from the Baen Free Library using Microsoft Reader on it. Good, but LCD, so battery life and eye-strain issues. I still have these around someplace, but they're inactive.

Tried to find a decent reader for the Nokia 5230 phone I had a few years ago. Nothing worked well.

My current phone is the Google Galaxy Nexus. I use the Google Play book reader, Aldiko, FB Reader, Moon+ Reader, and Cool Reader apps. I use FB Reader most on my phone. I use it when commuting. I always have the phone with me, so why not?

We also have a Sony T1 that was purchased as an anniversary gift for my wife. I was supposed to get to use it sometimes too, but I never see it anymore. I did enjoy using it. There is one on its way as a Christmas gift for me. I prefer its features to the T2, based on what I have read.

Honestly, I don't know how one can justify having multiple e-readers. I can understand having a phone, a tablet, an e-reader, and a PC, but not more than one functional, stand-alone e-reader. I just don't have the dough for that.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote