View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #64
vitalidon
vitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Voyage 5.12.1, Kindle 4NT
I had problems updating to new firmware 4.1.0 on kindle 4NT.
So I used the kindle 4 main image for firmware 4.0.1 to restore my kindle to brand new state downloaded from http://pastebin.com/Wdw4L7yT. Then I was able to update to new firmware 4.1.0.
Later when I decided to get into SSH I was not able to use my "fiona5103" password anymore. The only one working was framework/mario that at least allowed me to copy the /etc/shadow file to my computer.
Then I used "John the Ripper" thing which revealed my new root password "fionaadc" and I was able to login as root.
The only one question still not clear is what caused the password change the image from pastebin or the new firmware update. Unfortunately I did not try to SSH before applying the amazon update. It looks like the root password "fionaadc" is stored in the image itself. I opened it with WinImage and it is the same as the one in my kindle.
vitalidon is offline   Reply With Quote