View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #41
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp1999 View Post
Hi. I have a minor problem with my previously bricked Kindle Touch.

If I go to Menu->Restart it shuts down as expected but freezes at the starting up page. The only way I can get it to boot again is via MfgTool.

Have you come across this before? Know why it is? It has spanned the original 5.0.0 software and the 5.1.0 update.

Thanks
You may need to clear out your /var/local partition by zeroing mmcblk0p3, or you might need to set your idme bootmode var to main. It is possible that the "lockup" is actually booting to fastboot mode. If fastboot can see it, you can do "fastboot setvar bootmode main". Or in diags ssh, you can do "idme -d --bootmode main;rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS;reboot".

I would try the bootmode var first, then if necessary, zeroing the /var/local partition, in that order.

Good luck.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote