View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I don't have a 600 but the touch screen should make for excellent hand written notes and graphic annotations.

I do have the kindle 2, and can tell you note taking us quite easy on the kindle.

What I like is how fast and easy it is to start annotation on the device. You just move the joystick to the location of the word you want to highlight press down, select text and press down again

To write a note you just start typing, when you're done just hit the save button and your note is saved. The note is displayed on the screen as a number on the screen so it doesn't obscure your text.

To delete you just move your cursor to the note and hit delete.

One thing that Amazon does well is provide easy access to your notes. So you can archive them or access the your notes from any text editor. This was one point of frustration I had with the Sony was how difficult it was for me to access my notes.

The keyboard is easy to use and responsive, my one beef is the keyboard keys are too spaced out. A more compact keyboard would have been faster to type on.

Personally it think it is going to come down to how you use the device.

It you draw graphics and scribble notes the Sony outshines the kindle.

However if your note taking is mainly highlighting and typing the kindle is a much better choice. Having to type on a virtual keyboard with a pen is no where near as good as typing on a physical keyboard.

Last edited by =X=; 05-11-2010 at 04:06 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote