View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #297
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by erayd View Post
It already does use a unicode font! Thanks for bringing this to my attention - looks like it's an issue with GD not handling the UTF-8 input correctly (which interestingly enough is contrary to how the documentation says it should be behaving). I'll need to take a more detailed look to figure out what's going on here.
From experience, GD appears to handle UTF-8 just fine. Perhaps the font just doesn't have the necessary characters? I've yet to see a single font which includes the whole UTF-8 character set.

Quote:
I completely rewrote the entire application earlier this year. It now takes a nice ~20-30 line XML definition for each supported site, rather than the mess of PHP & regex that the older version required. It also parses the DOM directly for most things, rather than using regex (although it does use regex in some places to narrow things down a bit) - overall, I've found using the DOM to be much more precise, and less inclined to break when the source sites change.
That sounds very interesting indeed. Would you be willing to post a zip/tar.gz of the new php scripts on this thread? Thanks!

Quote:
I'm using PHP's standard zip class (ZipArchive) - so it definitely works; if you're having problems with it, then it must be something you're doing wrong.
Could be a weirdness in Windows, too. Hmm, I'll have to revisit this. I've actually forgotten the reason why I switched to using exec() with 7z CLI. I remember getting a working output using the standard zip class at one point in time.

Quote:
I must say I find it fascinating you still use the old script though - it lacked a *lot* of functionality!
I'm using a highly customized version, though. The code may be a big mess and modifications a big headache but it's highly functional and works with the fanfic sites I use.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote