View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #33
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Graves and Sasoon fell out because, in his war memoir, Graves recounted how Sasoon took a machine gun nest, sat in it for a while and read poetry, then marched back to his line, and the Germans retook it. The guy was wild. For some reason, Sasoon didnt want it revealed. Both men's memoirs are impressive. IMO both men were better in prose than verse. I think that maybe Graves is the last great English novelist. I dont know anything that has matched I Claudius. Tolkien is better of course, but he was born in South Africa

Last edited by Rizla; 04-06-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote