View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 11:47 PM   #20
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KjellM View Post

I connected my wife's Kobo Aura ONE to WiFi today and it attempted to do the update. However, it didn't work and it is stuck in an update loop. When it restarts after updating it is running 4.7.10413 (12/12/17). I checked before starting the update and it had been running version 4.8.10956.
Had the same problem with my Aura One. It kept asking me to update after a reboot. I finally hit the Cancel button. Then, I went to do a synch, and there was nothing else to download. Firmware is now at 4.7.10413 and like your wife Aura One it was at the latest firmware before the "update".

I wonder what should I do with this regression ? I always update OTA. Well most of the times. I don't remember when I last updated it manually.

EDIT : OK, I'm freaking stuck, here. I manually downloaded the firmware update. Unzip, put the content in the .kobo folder on the reader. It shutdown to update. But after a reboot, it was once again still at firmware 4.7.10413. So, I tried with the Kobo Desktop App. (I'm on MacOS.) The App downloaded an update. Nothing happened... I ejected my Kobo and then the update process began. Again, after a reboot, still at firmware 4.7.10413

EDIT 2 : I even reinitialized the Kobo. It went to the update process. Won't go further than firmware version 4.7.10413.

PS : The affiliate was bestbuyca After the reinitialization, it was change to KoboIndigo. I put it back to bestbuyca and the synch then showed an update. Went with the same update loop process... I tried to change the affiliate to kobo. But then there was no update showing up.

EDIT 3 : Success ! I side loaded the latest firmware and this time, it worked. Inside the zip file, there was first a Folder named "kobo-update-4" In that Folder was the usual files KoboRoot.tgz, manifest.md5sum and the "upgrade" Folder. This time, I just put those 3 in the .kobo Folder, not the "kobo-update-4". If it can help another noob...

Last edited by deleted2; 05-26-2018 at 01:38 AM.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote