View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #42
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daavo View Post
1. Updated my PW-2 with: factory_PW2_5.4.3.2_initial.bin
2. Successfully installed Branch Delay's factory firmware jail break

Now i`am stuck at installing the current 'hotfix'
After i copy Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin to my device and disconnect device, "Update my Kindle" is grayed out.
That is strange to say the least.

Try this one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...68&postcount=4
First try with UYK (like you just did with the other one).
Then try running it by putting it at the highest level of visible USB storage and rebooting the Kindle.
(On a PW3 I can run it by rebooting into it)

If neither of those two ways work, repeat with the package at the post after that one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...69&postcount=5
try same as above.

= = = =

You are not the first to report a problem at this stage, but we haven't had enough feedback yet to even guess what is going wrong.
Nor has anyone been able to duplicate the problem.
So if you could keep notes, and tell us what works and what doesn't work . . . .

It is very strange since these files have been in use since a year ago last July.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote