View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #595
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
It happened to me the same thing.
If I understand correctly I have to:
1. downgrade to 5.3.4
2. redo a new jailbreak
3. and then upgrade to 5.3.8

Right?
Depends what you are trying to do... I assume you are on fw 5.3.8 now. If you had already done the jailbreak and applied the jailbreak bridge, then your jailbreak should have survived (you will need to reapply the rescue pack). Now it's decision time. If you just want screensavers, no need to downgrade just apply the hack. If you want to apply the JBPatch hack, yes you will need to downgrade to 5.3.4 and then STAY THERE --- JBPatch is not being maintained beyond fw 5.3.4. For many of the available hacks you will need to also install the combined developers certificates and the kindlet jailbreak (which is different from the plain jailbreak). Wherever you stop with your hacks, you will want to stop Amazon from sneaking in an update which will wipe everything out...the BackDoorLock hack will stop Amazon from updating without your permission.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote