Thread: Which one?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsjd View Post
I had looked at the Kobo glo, nook glowlight and the kindle paperwhite.
I think that with all three, transferring to/removing from the reader with calibre is simple, with indications when the device is plugged in of which books are already on the device.

I have a nook simpletouch glowlight. It's great apart from the light, which is really too uneven, with glare at the top and around the edges.

I haven't seen the Kobo glo, but I have seen a Kindle Paperwhite, and it's light was far batter than my nook's.

Looking at the weight, there's not much in it.
The Paperwhite is 213g
The Kobo glo is 185g
The nook simpletouch glowlight is 197g

The 28g between the Kobo and the Paperwhite is about 1oz.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote