View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #44
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
It look like it would have all the dream features for ereaders!
Yes, to me it looks like it has all the features user can desire.
Except perhaps for:
  • physical page-turning buttons on side (like Kindle has),
  • plastic lid for screen that would clip to the back (like PB360 and PB360+ has) and
  • sane mechanism for attaching cover, so you could avoid having cover with *UGLY* and highly impractical bands holding the device in. (that no reader to date has, except for Sony PRS-500, and partially Kindle). First prototypes of PocketBook 602 had small magnetic attachment points visible in four corners at the back side of device.

Disclaimer: I am not PocketBook representative, nor do I sell their devices. So the following is pure speculation and it has fair chance of being totally wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
When this device will be available for the US market?
When previous PB models were introduced they had significantly lower price in USA. This fact caused LOTS of heated criticism as being unfair to us - Europeans and especially to their "native" market - Ukraine and Russian Federation. Some people felt that non-USA customers were sponsoring PB models sold in USA, so that PB could remain competitive with Amazon. The situation was further aggravated by the fact that USA based resellers are strictly forbidden to sell to Europe and Ukraine and Russia and other regions where PocketBook has distributors [with higher prices]. I myself was complaining when I found out that PocketBook 360 PLUS was selling for *much* lower price in USA than its OLDER model PocketBook 360 was sold for here in EU. (if I remember correctly, it was something like 140USD for new model versus 250Eur for older model here) My complaints were also fuelled by fact that at that time PocketBook 360 PLUS wasn't available here at all. Possibly because they wanted to sell their remaining stock of older models.

So PocketBook might have decided to solve the situation by not selling to USA, instead of lowering prices here ;-)

Please notice, this is pure speculation.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote