View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #83
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I am using the CherryKang 0.4.8 and am quite happy with it -- but not very impressed either. As OS's go it is hard to beat WebOS, of course. My main reason for getting ICS are:

1.several browser options.
2.A number of apps I want are terrible in WebOS or not even available.
3.Better language support

Current problems with ICS on the Touchpad include:
1.No hardware acceleration (thus no HD video)
2.No VPN
3.Lousy flash performance -- WebOS works much better here
4.No camera
5.Battery life

I am sure they will fix these soon.

Some people experience Wifi connection problems, though I don't have any. Honeycomb apps work fine. Overall I would say it is nice, but not that much different from 2.2 on my phone that I would get excited about it. Perfectly usable, though. I just had a few crashes watching video in the browser and once with Zinio. Every time just the app closed, the system kept going. Just more options for us.

Last edited by HansTWN; 02-18-2012 at 11:31 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote