View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #723
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ring0_event View Post
I apologize if regular readers have seen my complaint more than once.
You certainly did make strong assertions on that issue in the Sony forum.

The reality is that the T1 had issues with rapid page turns/freezing when first sold, but a subsequent firmware issue fixed that issue.

I say again to you, that ereaders prime function is to display ebooks. A PDF is not considered a ebook, rather a portable digital copy of a document. For business, that is a report document based on A4 paper that can be emailed out to clients, business partners et al that can be read on a desktop or notebook monitor screen or lately a large screen tablet.

For any PDF to be successfully and easily read on a 5"-6" ereader, it needs to be source formatted to suit. Most PDF's available for sale are not. Thus it is hardly the ereaders fault it cannot display a PDF not tailored for use on an ereader.

I very much doubt the major ereader manufacturers consider PDF as an important consideration for display on their devices.

As I said to you before. If you have issues with the T1, you can use either of your two 7" PRS-950's or get a 10" tablet (iPad or similar). Problem solved for you.

The PRS-T1, with the latest firmware, is a fine ereader and is a recommended consideration for purchase.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote