Thread: KDP Select
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #33
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
Rant over.

Not a rant at all. The whole publishing industry is a bit of a bewildering place and likely always will be for one reason or another. As a writer I truly appreciate every reader who comes my way, who takes the time to check out what I have to offer. And I'm not about to do anything that can get in the way of making that connection.

Lord knows I appreciate being able to distribute through Amazon. I sell more books (both ebook and paperback) through them than all other venues combined. I've been offering my paperback autographed, for four dollars less than Amazon and with free shipping and the sales on Amazon are still better than the ones I get direct. Just shows the power they wield, the amount of exposure they can offer even a little guy like me.

So I understand how many writers can be persuaded to opt into the Select program. But I do think they are taking one heck of a risk. That one reader who finds you on B&N or Sony or Apple or Kobo or wherever just might be that one vocal champion who tells the world what a discovery he or she has just made, who gets the word of mouth campaign up and running. Why would you not want a chance to reach that reader?
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote