View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 07:48 AM   #96
detemps
detemps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
This may sound kinda strange but I was just wondering something. I have looked into the thread a bit and I noticed that most of the files that you are sharing are .mobi files. That seems pretty encouraging to me.

What I want is not to compile a dictionary, but rather buy a much more comrehensive one from mobipocket. I have not been able to find any info, so I thought I'd rather ask here.

Let's suppose that I buy Harrap's Shorter French-English dictionary, download it in .mobi format. Will I be able to use that as a default dictionary when reading books on my Kindle? I don't want to leave the book I'm reading each time I want to look up a word, as I'm sure all of you would sympathize with me. Just like already supplied one with the Kindle on purchase, I want to drag to cursor to the word I want to find a definition for and want to see the definition on a small box on the page that I'm currently reading.

I would like to know if this is at all possible. I know that this seems a bit off-topic but this place seemed to be the best for such a question, instead of starting a new thread.

Thank you very much in advance for any interest you might take in this.

Cheers!
detemps is offline   Reply With Quote