View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Creating Collections on the Sony 950

I recently purchased a load of ebooks from Smashwords. Because of the quantity, I want to load them onto my 950 into collections. However, I do not want Calibre to do this automatically. Last time it did that it was a disaster.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there a way to do it using Windows Explorer and dragging and dropping into a collection? When I looked at my 950 using Explorer, I didn't see any of the already existing collections listed.

2. Is there an easy way to tell Calibre what collection to add an ebook to and to have different ebooks that are being batch uploaded via Calibre assigned to different collections? By that I mean, assign ebook A to mystery, ebook B to scifi, ebook C to mystery, ebook D to historical fantasy, etc.

3. Do the collections have to preexist on the 950?

4. Any other suggestions? Because I already have about 100 ebooks on my 950 that are not assigned to collections, I don't want to just add the new acquisitions and then manually put them in collections. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote