View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
I like how you took the "couple of questions" title literally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kconan View Post
A friend is bringing a Nook Color to Europe next week. Do you know if the AC adapter works with 220v?
Yes (but you will obviously need an adapter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kconan View Post
Will I be able to charge it with the regular USB-AC classic nook?
While I haven't tested it thoroughly, it would appear so. (The device, at least, states "Not Charging" but the percentage did go up after a few minutes.)

Also note that the microUSB cable for the charger is special. In other words, the Nook Color charger won't fast charge with a standard cable (but it appears to slow charge).

The device will also slow charge when connected to a computer.

One of the engineers stated that the nook color will not charge when plugged in to a slow charge solution under heavy use (but at least the battery wouldn't drain).

(Note that these hoops are to deal with the fact that the fast charger provides 1.9 amps (at 5V) and there isn't, as far as I know, a standard for pushing that kind of power across a microUSB connector.)
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote