View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #74
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I see lots of titles in this thread that I have read and enjoyed. The Blind Assassin, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Radium Halos and The Brief History of the Dead were all excellent.
You mentioned Radium Halos (A novel about the Radium Dial Painters), by Shelley Stout, so I thought I'd post this link for anyone interested in the book: "Using Historical Fiction in the Classroom".

The beginning of the author's blog post:

What initially began as an offer to donate copies of my novel to area high schools, has now become an opportunity to share my story with thousands and potentially millions of young people across the country.

I'm so happy that the author has this incredible opportunity to share the book with such a wide audience. It's a story that needed to be told, the book is an enjoyable read, and students will find the subject interesting and relevant.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote