Thread: PB 302...
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #6
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragile View Post
-> how bad is the glare? Earlier when I checked they were going to do something about the screen, can I trust that If I order this in Amazon I'll get the latest screen? The pocketbook site itself doesn't mention about any matte screen in the ordering page
Friend of mine has purchased PocketBook 302 and it came with a matte protective foil already installed on screen. Looks very good.
There is no way to know what screen the distributor will ship to you, unless you ask the distributor. I recommend you buy from a known distributor not from ebay.
Quote:
On the same note, since these are text that I'd normally be reading reflowed, once in a while when I've diagrams and tables, will it be possible to view the PDF at 100% with panning over it?
I am not sure.
PDF is not a good format to use on a device with an e-ink screen. Too slow refresh for interactive panning.
It does have support for column view.
When you turn device to landscape view and crop margins (function accessible from inside PocketBook) you can read an A4 page. But, as I said, A4 or Letter formatted documents are not optimal for viewing on a 6" screen.
Quote:
-> Does the wallcharger work in India? (we've 240V, 50hz plug points).
The wallcharger is a generic USB charger, so it will most probably work. If not, you can easily replace it.
You might want to try to arrange with distributor to sell you device without charger and buy charger locally.

Quote:
-> I don't see anything in the site that provides an option to buy Just the PB302 without the memory card.
Try to ask specific distributor.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote