View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #8
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
theducks, I looked at the css and there is no class ".italics" defined there. But Calibre has no problems reading or converting the epub while maintaining italics so why should Sigil?

I also need to correct something I said earlier. The italics are still there when I open the epub in Sigil. It's when saving an epub in Sigil that they are lost.
Create a new issue on the tracker and attach the epub so that I can take a look at what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
The metadata TOC, however, is changed immediately upon opening in Sigil.
As the manual says, Sigil creates the TOC from the headings in the text (like MS Word and OO Writer). Support for direct NCX preservation is forthcoming.

To get this in Sigil:

Part 1: Memories Are Like Raindrops
1. Ebb & Flow

you would use something like this:

Code:
<h2>Part 1: Memories Are Like Raindrops</h2>
<h3>1. Ebb &amp; Flow</h3>
You can put spans around parts of the text if you want to style them differently, and if you want to indent the <h3>, use an element/class style.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote