View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 05:31 AM   #53
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I sometimes wonder why hands free are allowed while driving. I once tried to play Warcraft while phoning with the hand free, total disaster. So hand-free certainly distracted me.

When i get the driving license, i'll know better than using the hand-free.
That's kind of what some of the folks here are getting at. People can't really multitask - they can't concentrate effectively on more than one thing at a time. You can switch back and forth rapidly, but your performance suffers (at both activities).

I don't think that's a good enough reason to ban anything that distracts the driver, but certainly, anything that is taking your eyes and/or brainpower heavily off of the road (like composing messages, or reading) is highly dangerous.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote