View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 12:46 AM   #12
NoHolyGrail
Connoisseur
NoHolyGrail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (previously owned PRS-500, PRS-600)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I just take digital picture of my notes on the 700 screen. Then I scan the picture, and run it through an OCR program and then print out the result.

I then scan the printout and run that through an OCR program and save the results in a txt format.

After that I make a powerpoint presentation of the results and use an infocus to project the image onto a large white wall. Then, using a water based marker I trace the letters on the wall, cut the Sheetrock (drywall) in 1 foot by 1 foot squares, carefully numbering and diagraming them for reassembling later.

After shellacking the sheetrock squares, I let them dry.

Soon after that (depending on the timetable) I put the sheetrock back together based on my diagram and lay them out on a large gym floor. I then carefully chisel outlines of the text. Then using an acrylic paint I cover the entire text and quickly press a large sheet of butcherblock paper on it, quickly remove it and keeping it horizontal let it dry for 48 hours.

Then I take the butcherblock paper reverse image and cover it with copper dioxide. I connect each end to 4 car batteries. It is important not to do this near water!

Finally I light the butcher paper on fire, leaving only the faint copper imprint.

I am stuck after this. I know I am on to something, but... I am missing a step somewhere.

For now I recommend Zelda's process. It is crude, but effective.
You must work for Sony
NoHolyGrail is offline   Reply With Quote