View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
jfreijser
jfreijser began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Kindle app for iPhone NOT in Europe !!!

Since the release of the Kindle App for iPhone and iPod Touch, I have been amazed by the total silence around its unavailability outside the USA. iTunes store simply says: Not available in the Dutch store (I am Dutch). On the whole www I hardly find any reference to this issue, this MobileRead Forum being one of very few exceptions.
I want to know the reasons behind it, are there copyright issues that have been solved in the US and not in Europe? That couldn't really be it, as the Kindle reader is available to a global audience.
In a post by a German contributor I read that Amazon tried to strike a deal with T-Mobile and another German mobile provider. I wonder what the hell these companies have to do with it! I have a mobile device allowing internet connectivity via wifi, and I have nothing to do with mobile telephone service providers!

Is it all caused by Apple's decision to strike an exclusive deal with T-mobile for the iPhone ? In the history of making useful technology, this was the WORST decision Apple has ever made.
Thanks for anyone being able to shed more light on the topic.
Also thanks for anyone pointing me in the direction of some or other shortcut, if you get my drift.
cheers, Jan
jfreijser is offline   Reply With Quote