View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
I use vim. Minimum of keypresses, maximum effect, plus regexp is a pretty integral part of the editor.
Besides, I'm convinced this GUI-WYSIWYG-thing is just a passing fad
I also use sed extensively, primarily because of its multi-line capabilities (e.g. commenting out first line on each page when it's a page header, joining words split over lines etc.), and sometimes awk.
Have accumulated a rather nice set of bash scripts for assisting the whole process of converting a book from scans to epub.

(Well, I'm deviating a little from the truth here. I also generate an html-document with the scans and ocr-text side-by-side, which I import into libreoffice writer for proofreading. Or convert to a PDF for proofreading on the tablet.)
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote