View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #289
jswinden
Nameless Being

I said wasn't going to try another replacement, but after looking at the lack of good alternative devices I decided there really are none that I don't already own that would be better than a working PW. So reluctantly I'm going to try out one more replacement.

I just called CS, actually got an American accent on the other end and bottom line is I have a replacement that should arrive tomorrow (Thursday the 11th). I have no idea what model it is as I didn't ask and I haven't gotten my CS email yet. But since I originally had the least expensive model of WiFi only with SO it will at least match that one in cost value. They were of course very polite and apologetic as usual.

BTW, I asked if they were getting a lot of replacement calls. My CS rep replied that this was his first one. Oh really? Not that I expected a straight answer.

As others have mentioned, I think it is pretty much a crap shoot as to whether I get a good one this time. I'm not optimistic. If not I'll simply return them and wait for the next model and continue using my Touch.

EDIT: They are sending another 3G model.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-10-2012 at 04:41 PM.