View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
I used an eInk reader for a year and thoroughly loved the eInk experience. So very easy on the eyes, but needing a reading light was a hassle (I didn't read paper books in low light previous to owning an ereader).

The Vox, with the Reader app brightness set to almost 0, I find to be acceptable as a reader in low light situations, and I brighten it slightly in regular light. I managed to find that a low setting made the Reader similar in readability (as well as grayish in colour and contrast similar to eInk) without any eye strain. I found the "Night mode" intolerable as the white text on a black background was like needles in my eyes (not to mention that this colour reversal is distinctly unnatural compared to regular books).

I'm glad I'm finding the Vox a suitable reader in all lighting situations as it allows me to use the Vox as both a colour tablet and as an ereader, and eliminates the book light.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote