View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #27
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Seriously, Kobo, let us have more space - put the title and page number on the same line at the bottom (more than enough room, and more than enough room to consolidate the top & bottom toolbars). That extra 3-4 lines at the top'd make a huge difference. And allow us to ignore publisher-set margins and line spacing (except for specially formatted bits of text, which would use different markup, there is no need to EVER lose almost a horizontal inch or have only 80% of the lines of text that could be there on each page - unless the *USER* specifies that's how they want it)

And exactly how does the Kobo differntiate between publisher markup that you want to disregard and publisher markup that you want displayed?

And 3-4 lines at the top? Given your statement about the font size you use, at most two lines at the top of the screen. With my Aura and .epub books, I loose 5 mm at the top of the screen -- not quite enough for 1 line with the font size I use (1 em or 12 poin) which is about 4.3mm) allowing for wanting to keep the top of the text at least 2 mm from the top of the screen.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote