View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #51
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
No, I am not anxious about the Vox. It seems like the people having trouble are either not following the instructions for setup or did not understand when they bought it what the limitations are (in terms of things like file formats, software or hardware). Sensual Poet let me know that the screen was very good outside, and that was something I was looking for.

For me the choice was the Vox or the Acer Iconia, for 100 more here in Canada. For my purposes, short reading sessions, looking up stuff when I am sitting on the couch watching TV, the Vox will do just fine.

I've written elsewhere about this, but one of the big pluses for Kobo is that they actively develop their products after release. The downside is that there are problems with the updates from time to time that sure can be annoying. I love the fact that what you get will be so much better over time and I am willing to put up with the annoyances as they get there.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote