View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
You could try seeing if Sigil will re-build an ncx for you - however if for example it's an indesign ePub Sigil won't be able to do that. That said Sigil might still be a good test to see if the ncx loads into Sigil's TOC editor. As of 4.2 Sigil retains the ncx rather than tossing it, so it's worth a shot.
It does. Loads into Sigil I mean. Sigil is my main editing tool and I use it hand-in-hand with Calibre. It will attempt to rebuild the ncx if I click on that option but it only does that based on the header tags and this is a typical retail epub ncx that was likely built manually and doesn't rely on the header tags. I'm certain I could rebuild the ncx and that it would then work with the conversion but it wouldn't have all the links I want from the original.

I'll wait until I can look through the ncx and play with it by hand. I'll likely play with an older epub that I know worked fine before and then compare its ncx to this one. I'll probably try converting one of these again to try and figure out if something has changed since an older version of Calibre.

Thanks again for the advice.

- Byron
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote