View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
Hobohodou
not such a "badguy" =/
Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Hobohodou has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3/Bebook + Zune HD
Talking Your thoughts on the Cybook Gen3/Opus

Hmm, I can't think of a good title for this thread...

The general idea of this is to pinpoint what it is that you like or dislike about your device/bookeen...especially as there sure seems to be a rather negative view of bookeen on the forums...

FIRSTLY~ let's not let this get out of hand...try and keep the silly arguments for elsewhere, I'd like this thread to simply be what you like about the device, do you like the hardware and the device yourself? Is it the software that you dislike? Is it a case that you love the hardware, don't mind the software/firmware but simply hate bookeen's service..

If there, is something that annoys you about the cybook/firmware/bookeen...explain in detail why it's such a pain for you, maybe that way others may be able to understand why you feel this way

After all...in the end, maybe we can all hold hands in a circle and dance happily, huh? \^^/

I'd also really like to see what people used to use before e-readers or before the cybook, so that maybe people can remember how convenient these devices are

by now, people probably already think i'm insane, and love bookeen, well, i'm not...So my thoughts are below, i'd love for people to give an in depth posts about these things..

What I love about the device :

The hardware, the size and the weight
...Below i'll attach an image showing why, before getting the cybook, i used to read on a 15.4" laptop...now that's pretty big and heavy...one day I got my Dell XPS M1210, which to me was a blessing, for around 6 months i used it to read everyday on the bus with an extended battery and cdisplay (the best image viewer EVER). Now there's a comparison image here with everything for me, Including a DVD and a standard volume of manga...Now I read around 5 volumes on average a day...which can be quite a pain....espcially if I have to carry them around, also the M1210 is heavy
At least now i have a much lighter load

To be fair, I love the device itself, considering it's not really made by bookeen and is really made by netronix, I love those guys for the nice design...It's not full of too many features as well..

THINGS I HATE

Ah, To read anything on the cybook, I have to start out with an annoying conversion process, sometimes renaming every image...Converting them all to RGB, resizing and finally making a PDF of them (just so it'll save my position)
now with my laptop, I can just add a .zip/.rar or even just a directory, read and continue reading when I restart easily...

Navigation, it's nice, but if i have many series, I have to wait for each page to load and make thumbnails, if I have multiple series'...then i have to move past them all to get to the other..
Next firmware update I hear has folder view, so...looking forward to it...

things that don't bother me

E-book format support
waiting time for new firmware

It'd be nice if we could get everyone's opinions of their devices and find out just what it is that makes some people dislike bookeen/the cybook so much...

EDIT : I also know that there's a similar thread for the cybook gen3, But i'd really love this to be a thread for both, and I'd like to provoke a little more thought into why you feel this way, thank-you for having me !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	comparisonfinal.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	273.4 KB
ID:	38007  

Last edited by Hobohodou; 10-25-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Hobohodou is offline   Reply With Quote