View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 12:30 AM   #10
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Just five is hard. I'll probably change my mind several times as I think of some others. But here's five I like to keep on my book reader:

1. A Song of Ice and Fire (the whole series), by George R.R. Martin; at Sony Connect, Fictionwise, etc.
2. Dune (just the original one, not the series), by Frank Herbert; at Connect, Fictionwise, etc.
3. The Drawing of the Three (again, not the whole series), by Steven King; at Connect, Fictionwise, etc.
4. Tao Te Ching, by Lao Tse, (also called "Sayings of Lao Tse, etc.); at Mobileread, Connect, Fictionwise, etc.
5. The Prince, by Nicolo Machiavelli; at Mobileread, Fictionwise, Connect, etc.

I wanted to include the Gospels of the New Testament but I've never found a good edition in eBook form. Connect sells an edition translated for teens but I don't feel it does justice to the material. King James was sort of an English Caligula and I don't trust that translation. The New English Bible is good but not available in eBook. Well, better quit. I'm starting to dither.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote