View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 12:50 AM   #4
Voxman
NotVeryTechy
Voxman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle,
This is pretty awesome, what got me here is thinking about an idea to download my digital e-books - from my (original) Kindle, or my iPad (via the Kindle App) - to an external drive of some sort.

I have discovered that if I let either my kindle or iPad power down, or don't connect to the internet for a period of time, I am unable to read any of my eBooks?

My theory is that the "Mothership" must tell the e-reader to hold my data hostage until the e-reader logs into Matrix er..SkyNet...I'd like to do an unobtrusive hack to set my data free. I don't want anything that isn't mine, I paid for my content, I should be allowed to read it without going through a gatekeeper.

I was exploring using an rPi computer - but when I saw the link to this forum in an article by Nick Hoffelder over at The Digital Read, I thought I'd see if the much smarter folks around here could point me in the right direction...maybe save a little elbow grease?

Last edited by Voxman; 04-03-2017 at 12:57 AM. Reason: A.D.D. kicked in, didn't conclude my thought in opening paragraph,