View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #22271
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
So, my mother now admits clicking on something yesterday just before RegClean made it's presence known. On the YouTube website was an annoying flickering ad telling her she'd won and iPad and she click the X to close it but was redirected to a website, she did this several times. Of course it wasn't a real pop-up and the X was part of the ad/image. I'm now running a malware removal program (which I checked out thoroughly before downloading it) and it already has found several bad programs.

I told her this is as far as I'm prepared to go. The non-rogue scanner might not find and remove everything and if the problems return she has to go to Staples to get it solved.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote