View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #63
FethryDuck
Addict
FethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle3, DXG
comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
I don't think that it is an option. I think it says something like "yo momma". There is no way to select it...
I have not downloaded this english version ( just broke my arm, not in shape ) but - the 3rd line says something like default - which correspond to your setting in system menu.
You may have it timeout and default to either system. (This menu is one of the binary pages )

@Rinzwind: - sound like you have something wrong - perhaps tried to edit something ?
If you exceed some fixed string lengths, or some errors with linefeed/carriage return, it will try restart and if that does not help, it will default to original (Amazon) system.

( something may need recompilation. As it is gnu/linux, source should be available as the original system, I suppose. ) The interesting part would be to include different languages. In Chinese, the switch back and forth between different versions. A similar system could be switching from different language dictionary lookups, alphabets, pronounceiations, etc. It really has potential - if opensource.
FethryDuck is offline   Reply With Quote